Safety Tips for Internet Banking
Please practice online safety by taking the following precautions when using EXPERTeller Online:
1. Please review the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement before using EXPERTeller Online (just click on the links on the left-hand side of the page).
2. Verify Transaction Site. EXPERTeller Online should only be accessed via the Export & Industry Bank website. Type exportbank.com.ph directly onto your browser or use your personal bookmark to access the site.
- Be wary of any e-mails puporting to be sent by Export & Industry Bank or BancNet. These emails may have attachments or links that will re-direct you to a phony website designed to steal your personal information. If you suspect that you have landed on a fraudulent website, leave it immediately. Do not follow any of the instructions it may present to you.
3. Check Security Certificates. All BancNet and BancNet- powered websites asking for sensitive information such as Card number and PIN number will have valid security certificates. You can check the security certificates by looking for the yellow padlock symbol on the lower right of the status bar of your Internet Browser; if the lock is closed, this signifies that the website is encrypted to protect you when you enter sensitive information. This symbol may only be present when the website is requesting you for your information. For further safety, double-click on the lock icon to display a security certificate information page of the site confirming the validity of the certificate and verify the website source which should be "www.bancnetonline.com" If any of these tests fail, please contact our Helpdesk at +63 (2) .
4. Protect your P.I.N and account information. Always keep your EXPERTeller P.I.N and Card information confidential.
- Keep your P.I.N. separate from your card information
- Memorize your P.I.N and do not record this information anywhere.
- Never disclose your personal or account information and ATM PIN via e-mail
- Ensure that no one is watching you while you key in your PIN or any other sensitive information.
5. Use a secure computer. Make sure that the computer you are using has updated anti-virus and anti-spyware software. Install a personal firewall to help prevent unauthorized access to your home computer, especially if you connect through a cable or DSL modem. Use the latest recommended Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Browser version, or one that supports 128-bit encryption.
- If you use Internet Explorer, you need to deactivate the "Auto Complete" function to prevent any user ID and PIN from being stored:
a. Launch your Internet Explorer and click on "Tools" >> "Internet Options" >> "Content".
b . Under "Personal Information", click on "AutoComplete".
c . Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms" and click on "Clear Passwords".
d . Click on "OK" to save the changes.
- If you are using a Windows OS, ensure File & Print sharing is disabled while online, particularly if you are linked to the Internet via any broadband connection, digital subscriber lines or cable modems.
- Avoid downloading suspicious programs that allow your PC to share files on the Internet.
- Scan any attachments you receive via e-mail and immediately delete any suspicious e-mails with attachments.
- Be wary of messages that claim they contain "patches" to fix or upgrade your system; no software vendor sends out patches via email-they must be downloaded from the software vendor's own website.
- Do not install software or run programs of unknown origin.
If you need to use a public computer, check the status of its anti-virus and anti-spyware software and make sure you do not save your sign-on information when logging in. Clear your browser's memory cache and history after each session so that your account information is removed:
a. (For Internet Explorer) Click on "Tools" >> "Internet Options" >> "General".
b . Under "Temporary Internet Files", click on "Delete files" & "Delete Cookies".
c . Under "History", click on "Clear History".
d . Click on "OK" to save the changes.
6. Monitor Your Transactions. Check your accounts on a regular basis. Review your transaction history and bank statements as soon as you receive them to make sure that your statements reflect your transactions. Immediately report any irregularities.
Contact Exportbank or BancNet immediately should you encounter any difficulties or irregularities. If you believe someone is trying to commit fraud by pretending to be an Exportbank or BancNet representative, please contact our Helpdesk immediately at +63 (2) to 12 or -42.